By Thomas Hardy
* short yet informative introductions to the novels and different texts
* each one novel has its personal contents desk - simply navigate among chapters!
* some of the novels are totally illustrated with unique paintings – benefit from the precise flavour of the Victorian textual content in your eReader!
* details at the misplaced first novel ‘THE terrible guy AND THE LADY', with an extraordinary novella and poem tracing its content
* numerous photos on the topic of Hardy and his works
* all the brief tales with either chronological and alphabetical contents tables
* the compete performs – even together with the infrequent “Tragedy of the Queen of Cornwall” to be had nowhere else as a electronic book
* all the poems with their very own separate chronological and alphabetical contents tables – locate that certain poem simply and quickly!
* the poems also are provided of their unique collections, each one with its personal table
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* designated Hardy’s Wessex Map to accompany your examining of the novels
* boasts a different feedback part, with 6 various texts from different authors and critics, reading Hardy's literary paintings in detail
* contains D.H Lawrence's long serious e-book A examine OF THOMAS HARDY - first time in electronic print
* positive aspects Hardy's wife's biographies - discover the good writer's impressive existence intimately - on hand nowhere else
Preview of Complete Works of Thomas Hardy PDF
Best British Literature books
Bruno is almost 90. passionate about his earlier and a fondness for spiders, he's the centre of a fancy net of relationships concerning his estranged son Miles; Danby, his hapless son-in-law; Danby's mistress, Adelaide; and her dual cousins, the vengeful Will and the mischievous, sinister Nigel.
English Romantic poetry from its beginnings and its flowering to the 1st symptoms of its decadenceNearly all of the well-known piéces de résistance should be came upon here—"Intimations of Immortality," "The historic Mariner," "The Tyger," excerpts from Don Juan—s good as a few much less commonplace poems. As muchas attainable, the poets are prepared in chronological order, and their poems so as of composition, starting with eighteenth-century precursors resembling grey, Cowper, Burns, and Chatterton.
The daughter of a filthy rich railway tycoon, Paula strength inherits De Stancy fort, an historic citadel wanting modernization. She commissions George Somerset, a tender architect, to adopt the paintings. Somerset falls in love with Paula yet she, the Laodicean of the identify, is torn among his admiration and that of Captain De Stancy, whose old-world romanticism contrasts with Somerset's forward-looking angle.
George Eliot's Victorian masterpiece: a brilliant portrait of a provincial city and its inhabitantsGeorge Eliot’s novel, Middlemarch: A examine of Provincial existence, explores a fictional nineteenth-century Midlands city in the course of glossy adjustments. The proposed Reform invoice gives you political switch; the construction of railroads alters either the actual and cultural panorama; new clinical ways to drugs incite public department; and scandal lurks at the back of respectability.
- The Mayor of Casterbridge (Dover Thrift Editions)
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona (The Pelican Shakespeare)
- The Merchant of Venice (Shakespeare Made Easy)
- Frankenstein (Bantam Classic reissue)
- King John
Additional resources for Complete Works of Thomas Hardy