Gilgamesh, los angeles Bible, l’Iliade et l’Odyssée, L’Énéide et Les Métamorphoses : de los angeles plus vieille épopée du monde aux grands textes de l’Antiquité grecque et romaine en passant los angeles Bible, voici les assets de los angeles littérature européenne. Elles ont fixé pour des siècles des pratiques littéraires, témoigné des espoirs et des angoisses des hommes, et inspiré leurs croyances. Pour toutes ces raisons ces textes fondateurs appartiennent au patrimoine littéraire et ethical de l’humanité.
By Boris Pasternak, Bulat Okudzhava, George Reavy, Alexander Tvardovsky, Leonid Martynov, Victor Bokov, Boris Slutsky, Yevgeny Vino
Twin language translation (russian and english)
selected, edited, translated and writer of integrated essay "The New traits and Voices in Soviet Poetry"
this is one other an invaluable anthology of Soviet poetry. it really is nowhere close to as accomplished as "20th Century Russian Poetry: Silver and Steel" that's at the tracker. besides the fact that, this does have the good thing about being twin language, to any english talking russian learner, and it has a pleasant essay via the translator.
By Charles Beaumont
The definitive number of stories through the award-winning horror author comprises such classics as "The Hunger," "Miss Genibelle," and "Free Dirt," and lines introductions through Robert Bloch, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, Roger Corman, and others. Reprint.
This highly acclaimed assortment is now in its 14th profitable 12 months, and Gardner Dozois's choice for 2001 continues its excessive criteria of excellence with greater than 25 SF tales from modern skills akin to John Kessel, Ursula okay Le Guin, Nancy Kress, Paul J. McAuley, Alastair Reynolds, Brian Stableford, Stephen Baxter, Greg Egan, Charles Stross, Ian McDonald and plenty of different vivid stars of SF, in addition to the standard thorough summation of the yr and instructed analyzing lists.
By H. P. Lovecraft
The entire Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft collects the author's novel, 4 novellas, and fifty-three brief tales. Written among the years 1917 and 1935, this assortment beneficial properties Lovecraft's trademark fantastical creatures and supernatural thrills, in addition to many bad and cautionary science-fiction subject matters, that experience motivated a few of state-of-the-art writers and filmmakers, together with Stephen King, Alan Moore, F. Paul Wilson, Guillermo del Toro, and Neil Gaiman. incorporated during this quantity areThe Case of Charles Dexter Ward, "The name of Cthulhu," "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath," "At the Mountains of Madness," "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," "The colour Out of Space," "The Dunwich Horror," and plenty of extra hair-raising tales.
Hours of significant examining watch for, with secret and crime stories from a few of the twentieth century's most famed authors.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous couple of years, our “Megapack” sequence of booklet anthologies has proved to be considered one of our most well liked endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally provide them as charges to our mailing list!) One query we preserve getting requested is, “Who’s the editor?”
The Megapacks (except the place particularly credited) are a bunch attempt. every person at Wildside works on them. This comprises John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and plenty of of Wildside’s authors… who usually recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their own!)
• “A Senior on Death” is copyright © 2006 by way of Noreen Wald. It initially seemed in Chesapeake Crimes II
• “Murder at the Orient Express” is copyright © 1995 through artwork Taylor. It used to be initially released in Ellery Queen’s secret journal, December 1995
• “The Stolen Venus,” is copyright © 2008 by way of Darrell Schweitzer. It was once initially seemed in Alfred Hitchcock’s secret journal, October 2008
• “Rear View Murder” is copyright © 2006 through Carla Coupe. It initially seemed in Chesapeake Crimes II
• “Thubway Tham’s Inthult,” through Johnston McCulley, initially seemed in Detective tale journal, October 21, 1919
• “The Ides of March,” via E.W. Hornung, initially seemed within the beginner Cracksman (1905)
• “Pinprick” is copyright © 2009 by means of Skadi Beorg. It was once initially released within the brief tale assortment constantly After Thieves Watch
• “The crimson Herring,” by way of William wish Hodgson, initially seemed in Captain Gault (1917)
• “Dragon Bones” is copyright © 2003 by way of Jacqueline Seewald. It used to be initially released by means of Orchard Press Mysteries in September 2003
• “The Golden Slipper,” via Anna Katherine eco-friendly, initially seemed within the Golden Slipper and different difficulties for Violet unusual (1915)
• “Kali,” through Eric Taylor, initially seemed in All-Star Detective, November 1929
• “Driven to Distraction” is copyright © 2006 by way of Marcia Talley. It initially seemed in Chesapeake Crimes II
• “The Blue Cross,” by way of G.K. Chesterton, initially seemed within the Innocence of dad Brown (1911)
• “The Worst Noel” is copyright © 2009 by means of Barb Goffman. It initially seemed within the reward of Murder
• “Mr. Clackworthy’s Pot of Gold,” by way of Christopher B. sales space, initially seemed in Detective tale journal (1920)
• “The Monkey God,” via Seabury Quinn, initially seemed in actual Detective stories, April-May, 1927
• “Wedding Knife” is copyright © 2004 by way of Elaine Viets. It was once initially released in Chesapeake Crimes
• “The Mad Detective,” by means of John D. Swain, initially seemed in Detective tale journal, may perhaps eight, 1926
• “The event of the Diamond Necklace,” through G.F. Forrest, initially seemed in Misfits: A e-book of Parodies (1905)
• “Security Blanket” is copyright © 2004 via Toni L.P. Kelner. It used to be was once initially released in Riptide: Crime tales by means of New England Writers
• “A criminal with out Honor,” via Johnston McCulley, initially seemed in Detective tale journal (1921)
• “The Daughter of Huang Chow,” via Sax Rohmer initially seemed in stories of Chinatown (1922)
• “Anchors Away,” is copyright © 2010 by way of C. Ellett Logan. It initially seemed in Chesapeake Crimes: they'd It Comin’
• “Ways of Darkness,” by means of E.S. Pladwell, initially seemed in All-Story Weekly, October 25, 1919
• “Thubway Tham’s Inthane Moment,” via Johnston McCulley, initially seemed in Detective tale journal, Nov. 19. 1918
By Melissa Marr, Tim Pratt
From Sir Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene to E. M. Forster's "The computer Stops," literature is stuffed with horny, lethal, and downright twisted stories. during this assortment, award-winning and bestselling authors reimagine their favourite vintage tales, those that experience encouraged, awed, and enraged them, those that experience develop into ingrained in glossy tradition, and those which have been too lengthy ignored. They take those tales and boil them right down to their bones, and reassemble them for a brand new iteration of readers.
Written from a twenty-first century point of view and set in the geographical regions of technology fiction, dystopian fiction, delusion, and real looking fiction, those brief tales are as relocating and inspiration upsetting as their originators. They pay homage to groundbreaking literary achievements of the previous whereas celebrating each one author's certain conception and cutting edge kind.
Today's so much acclaimed authors use their very own exact kinds to rebuild the twelve undying stories:
Sir Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene - Saladin Ahmed
W. W. Jacobs's "The Monkey's Paw" - Kelley Armstrong
Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's "Carmilla" - Holly Black
"Sleeping attractiveness" - Neil Gaiman
The Brothers Grimm's "Rumpelstiltskin" - Kami Garcia
Kate Chopin's The Awakening - Melissa Marr
Rudyard Kipling's "The guy Who will be King" - Garth Nix
Henry James's "The Jolly nook" - Tim Pratt
E. M. Forster's "The laptop Stops" - Carrie Ryan
Horace Walpole's The fortress of Otranto - Margaret Stohl
William Seabrook's "The Caged White Werewolf of the Saraban" - Gene Wolfe
Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Birth-Mark" - Rick Yancey
And six illustrations by means of Charles Vess
By Andre Norton
The Andre Norton megapack collects 15 works by way of the Grand grasp of technological know-how Fiction. incorporated are: "The humans of the Crater," "The presents of Asti," "Plague Ship," "Star Born," "All Cats Are Gray," "The Time Traders," "Voodoo Planet," "Storm Over Warlock," "Star Hunter," "The Defiant Agents," "Key Out of Time," "Ralestone Luck" (historical), "Ride Proud, Rebel!" (historical), "Rebel Spurs" (historical), and "Murders for Sale" (mystery).
By Ben Bova
The longer term is Coming, and It’s Going to be Hilarious! First Time in Paperback for This Wildly comedian glance through a Best-Selling and Award-Winning author at numerous Possible—and Bizarre—Tomorrows, together with entire Novels
Ben Bova, best-selling and award-winning writer of the “Grand travel” and “Asteroid Wars” sequence, takes a sardonic examine the funny probabilities of destiny know-how.
The Starcrossed: invoice Oxnard, a tender technological genius, had perfected actual third-dimensional tv, making usual television out of date. He suggestion he will be wealthy and famous—but he hadn’t learned how deranged the executives operating the have been; nor what kind of courses they have been making plans to broadcast utilizing the recent method within the maniacal quest for rankings.
Cyberbooks: Carl Lewis has a dream—to make books available and reasonable to each individual within the kingdom, and thinks his “cyberbook,” approximately as huge and as affordable as a pocket calculator, will ensure that somebody to obtain books at once and cost effectively. yet he has no suggestion what he’s approximately to get into, nor does his touch at Bunker Books, attractive yet naïve aspiring editor Lori Tashkajian. Will they live to tell the tale this foray into the cut-throat global of massive publishing? And simply who's all at once murdering all these great aged humans at the streets of recent York, besides?
those full-length novels of twistedly comedian, yet very attainable futures, plus six shorter yet both witty works, upload as much as a beneficiant quantity of futuristic enjoyable and hilarious high-tech.
By Jeffery Deaver
New York Times bestselling writer Jeffery Deaver has famously extremely joyful and chilled lovers with stories of masterful villains and the intense minds who convey them to justice. Now the writer of the Lincoln Rhyme sequence (The chilly Moon and The Bone Collector, between others) has compiled a moment quantity of his award-winning, spine-tingling brief tales of suspense.
While most sensible identified for his twenty-four novels, Jeffery Deaver is additionally a brief tale grasp -- he's a three-time recipient of the Ellery Queen Reader's Award for most sensible brief tale, and he received the quick tale Dagger from the Crime Writers organization for a section that seemed in his first brief tale assortment, Twisted. The ny Times stated of that ebook: "A secret hit should you like their intrigue brief and candy . . . [The tales] function tight, bare-bones plotting and the sneaky tips that Mr. Deaver's identify promises." The sneaky methods are right here in spades, and Deaver even provides his fanatics a brand new Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs tale.
Deaver is again with 16 tales within the culture of O. Henry and Edgar Allan Poe. His matters diversity from a Westchester commuter to an excellent Victorian England caper. With those intricately plotted, bone-chilling tales, Jeffery Deaver is on the most sensible of his crime-writing video game.